Have you found yourself saying I'm not "blank" enough for yoga?
(Fill in the blank with "flexible", "calm", "skinny", "young", etc. You get the picture.)
Everyone always thinks they aren't "something" enough to do yoga, myself included when I started. I thought I wasn't skinny or serious enough to do yoga.
Only now after practicing yoga for years do I see how silly I was then.
It took me awhile to get up the courage to go to a yoga class because let's face it, it can be intimidating to walk into a new space surrounded by new people and try something new.
At our studio, we welcome EVERYONE and EVERY BODY and will make you feel right at home. We are really good at teaching you yoga while making the classes playful, fun and light-hearted.
My goal with this post is to give you a few tips for coming to your very first yoga class. Particularly at our wonderful studio, YogiVibes.
1. First things first, you need to know that yoga is for EVERY BODY. Bottom line. We have such a diverse group of yoga students at our studio and have something offer everyone. If you can breathe, you can do yoga. :)
2. Yoga is about finding contentment with wherever you are in life and with what you can do in your body in that moment. It's not about competing with the person next to you or being perfect. It's quite the opposite. It's about exploring your potential and accepting and loving yourself just as you are.
Ok, now that you're in more of the yoga mindset, we can get into the nitty gritty details...
3. You don't have to bring your own yoga mat. We have plenty of mats you can borrow and you can invest in one later.
4. Wear comfortable clothes, similar to what you would wear to the gym.
5. Yoga is practiced barefoot. We have a shelf where you can put your shoes and socks.
6. As far as what classes to take, we always recommend starting with the BASICS, GENTLE and/or RESTORATIVE classes. Those are great starting points.
7. Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your first class to get signed up and meet the teacher. You can save time by signing up in advance online. (Click the class schedule page here) WE ARE LOCATED IN THE BACK OF JUICEVIBES!
If you have any questions at all about starting yoga, don't hesitate to reach out. You can email or call me.
Congrats on starting your yoga journey!